Wednesday 7 July 2010

NEW YORK IS DEFINITELY ON THE RIGHT NOTE!

Oh how I love New York!

I have only been once in my life and that was on a school trip when it was covered in a ridiculous amount of snow, but I could still feel the magic of the place even then.

The latest reason for my love declaration is the latest project by a capaigning group called 'Sing For Hope'. They distrubuted pianos all around the city for 2 weeks, inviting the public to play for each other.

How cute is that?!

I mean, it would actually be like being in a real-life musical or something haha, just casually walk down the street and have a good sing-song!

The guy who set it all up said he had the idea because he was sick of going into the same laundrette each week with the same people but not ever uttering a word to them. He said he thought something like a piano would bring everyone together.

And he was right; massive crowds have been gathering in New York to listen to passers-by show their skills to the rest of the city. It makes sense really, as music is such a massive part of everyday life and can really bring a community together.

I think it's a great way for people to bond, and also just brings a bit of brightness to the struggles of everyday life. Who wouldn't like having a go at entertaining their city for a day?!

The fact is though, that there aren't many places where this idea would actually work. I mean, New York is just such a powerhouse of art and free-thinking people from all over the world that it's appreciated by it's citizens. I mean, I don't think it would have quite the same in Pompey Highstreet. It would probably be vandalized in about 10 minutes.

That's why I MUST live in New York at some point in my life.

MUST!

Even if it's only for just a few months, I would actually love to declare that I am a resident of the 'Big Apple' and ask for a 'cwaffe'. You could say it's a dream of mine...

Let's hope one day it's a reality!

3 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds sooo cute!! I'll be going to New York next year, and i can't wait!

    http://pagesixxx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean. New York to me is like living in heaven. I so want to live there someday.

    xo
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. ONE day I must visit New York!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete